Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stamps

I don't really consider myself a philatelist, however, I do collect some stamps. I have an official stamp collecting binder, but I don't go out of my way to add to it. I simply save stamps I like that are being sold regularly. I went to the post office today to mail a card and to check postage rates. I had heard they went up, but when I went to the USPS site, the regular stamps seemed the same price, so I wanted to make certain. Sure enough package mailing and express stuff went up, but a regular stamp is still 42 cents while sending a letter to Europe & Asia is still 94 cents. They did offer some new stamps I like too, The Year of the Ox stamp, in commemoration of the Lunar New Year January 26th, and an Edgar Allen Poe stamp. I may save the Poe stamps to use on my Halloween cards this year. It's fun to see the new stamps they come up with-I guess I'm more of a philatelist than not!

No comments: