Sunday, January 4, 2009

Leon

He made it through Christmas and New Year's for me, but he finally couldn't go on. Leon died yesterday evening. Leon was quite elderly. I adopted him and his brother from the Humane Society after Brioche's death. My vet and I agreed he was over 2 at that time. That was June 2007. Leon was a happy rat and he loved the companionship of other rats. He was always ready to make friends. In the end he developed hind leg paralysis, but that didn't stop him. The day he died he had gone up to the 3rd level of his house and climbed into his hammock for a while. He loved his treats. I had to give him a bath, since he couldn't clean himself too well, as I dried him off I let him stick his head in a container of yogies and get out as many as he could. That's him nibbling on them in the picture below. I'll miss your friendly gentle ways Leon.

Leon
? - January 3, 2009



No comments: