Monday, January 12, 2009

Doctor's Visit

I went to the doctor this morning-a 7:40 AM appointment no less! My doctor is out sick, so I was going to see his physician's assistant, but she called in sick (is there a trend here?) so I saw another doctor. She was very nice. I have either a muscle sprain or a herniated disk. There's no way to know if it's a disk as I'd need an MRI to see it. Since beginning treatment for both is the same, we're playing it conservatively. I'm back on flexeril and vicodin (yea-except I can't drink alcohol-boo hiss) and she added gabapentin for the tingling. The dosage for that gabapentin is weird. I start out with 100mg at bedtime, but may work up to 3800mg-more than once a day! We'll see how that works. I'm going to try to go light on the vicodin, but I really needed it when I got back. Driving is unpleasant. I start physical therapy on Wednesday. I'm off work for at least 2 more weeks! Mom says that'll give me plenty of time to clean. Sigh. It's time for a nap.

No comments: