Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yellowjackets!

My folks and I were doing some outside work this morning. The plan was to move the stones surrounding the front portion of my garden out and enlarge the area and Dad was going to install his light (the one he's been working on for weeks). First Mom and I started to dig, but surprisingly, the ground was too hard. OK, we wouldn't move the hydrangea, but we could still move the stones. We pulled them up and started arranging them when my mom saw a flying insect. She couldn't tell what it was, but was concerned. She got a nasty bite from a yellowjacket at my place a few weeks ago. Then I saw another one. Yup-yellowjackets. They had an underground nest right where we were working. We moved back and I sprayed the place, but our work for that area was done for the day. I'll spray again at dusk.

No comments: