Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where?

I saw a commercial that asked, "Where do you want to be?" While it's a legitimate question that I'm asked personally time to time, it's one to which I don't have a good answer. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10? I don't know. I don't have a goal. Should I? Perhaps. I know a few things. Where do I want to be? Here, in my current home. I have no plan or desire to leave. With my animals. I know they will cross the rainbow bridge in time and others will become a part of my life, but some animals will always be a part of my life. Will I always have a horse? I'm not sure. Will I always have a dog? Maybe, maybe not. Will I always have cats and rats? Yes. Any other species? Perhaps. A husband? Doubtful. Human children? Hell no. And I've been saying that forever. Job? I pray not the one I have now. I just can't see myself working as muscle when I'm 55, let alone by the time I'm able to retire. Maybe I'll get permission to use a cane and be able to whack patients with it. Doubtful. What job will I have? Wish I knew. But I do know that, for the most part, I really like my life. I truly enjoy my time away from work, at home doing the many things I enjoy-crafting, reading, goofing off on the computer, watching TV, collecting, corresponding with friends and family, having fun. Where do I want to be? I don't know, but I do know I intend to have fun getting there.

No comments: