Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chautauqua

I just got back from Chautauqua where I spent the day with my folks. They went up Friday and will be staying until Sunday. We didn't go to The Chautauqua Institute, which is a really neat place, but we saw and did a lot and Mom and I got tons of Christmas shopping done! Yea. Mom read about Cross Roads in a Buffalo newspaper as a great day trip. We both heartily agree-it was wonderful and Mom declares that a visit to Cross Roads is now a yearly event. Cross Roads is three buildings filled with vendors selling all kinds of goodies, including lots of local crafts and food. We both got so much stuff-and the prices were really reasonable. I won't say what I got, but people receiving the stuff won't be disappointed. After leaving I was a bit disappointed-the daylily farm was closed. I was really looking forward to seeing that. Oh well. We went to a new winery, Noble Winery and a great cheese shop. The weather cooperated too-it was a gorgeous sunny day with temperatures in the low 70's. A great day!

No comments: