Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eye Doctor

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor for my regular checkup. My left eye is really bad, so I did lots of extra tests. They also took a picture of my eyeball. Pretty cool actually. They finally sorted out a new prescription for me and I got to pick out new frames. Some people enjoy this aspect of the eye doctor visit. Me? I think it's the worst part...even worse than the glaucoma puff of air. You take off your glasses and try on new ones...but these new ones don't have a prescription in (obviously) so you can't really see how you look. You press you nose to the mirror to try and get a better view. Then they come off and you try a new pair. You repeat this process until you start to get motion sickness from your vision going off and on and then you can't remember which glasses look best! Finally an assistant comes up and limits your choices to a small rack that your insurance will cover-unless you were so taken with one of the other frames you really couldn't see and want to pay the difference. Out of desperation you finally take one of the last frames and hope when your prescription comes in they look OK. At least that's what happens to me. Hopefully I made a good choice, we'll see (literally) in a week to 10 days.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I know what you mean. I absolutely hate picking out new frames. I always take Ray with me and hope he doesn't pick something off the wall; after all, he has to look at me in them too.