Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shocked

I am shocked...and stunned. I just got an e-mail from my local paper crafting store. They're closing. I am shocked...and stunned. I simply can't believe it. Just a few days ago I got an e-mail about a contest to make a birthday card for their 3rd birthday. The actual birthday is July 29-their door will close for good July 31. I discovered this place not too long ago and was really enjoying it. It's only about 10 minutes from my house and I was getting involved in their contests and other events, like the monthly demo days. I'm going to miss that. There's another local stamp store that I like-but it's all the way across town. I thought the store was doing well, but the landlord was raising the rent-by a great deal. The owner decided not to look for another location due to competition from the big box stores as well as the general economy. I'm going to miss the camaraderie, actually seeing other crafters and talking. It's a blow. I'm shocked...and stunned.

No comments: