Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No Power

I woke up early today to get some things accomplished before going to work. However, I woke up to no electricity! I called the power company on my tracfone and they said it was a known outage-power should be restored by 1PM. So I couldn't check my e-mail, write this blog, or check my neopets. I couldn't put in a load of laundry. I couldn't watch TV, nor set the VCR for my program tonight. I couldn't open my garage...well I could disconnect it, but that's a pain. Then I realized-I can't cook! At least, I couldn't cook what I had. So I wrapped and packed a birthday gift, made a card, and finished a letter. I was about to figure out what food I could eat cold when I saw the stove blinking. Yea! Power restored-and by 11:45! It's amazing how dependent I am on electricity. Let's hope it stays on!

No comments: