Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Lunch on Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! I wish all of the dads out there a wonderful day. Mine is having a relaxing day at his house, practicing his trumpet and watching golf on TV. Unfortunately, my present for him is lost in the mail somewhere-hopefully it'll turn up soon, it was shipped June 2!

I had an idea for a new lunch and it turned out quite well. I had some boneless turkey breast steaks. I made a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and fresh sage from my garden. I rubbed each piece with a sage leaf then coated each steak in beaten egg, then the flour mixture and placed them in an oven safe pan I had sprayed with cooking oil. I then topped the steaks with the sage leaf and some whole cranberry sauce. I baked it it the oven at 345 degrees for about 25 minutes. They were done! I served it with cranberry sauce and Cranberry Bog wine. I was debating between the Cranberry Bog from Montezuma Winery and a wine from a new winery in NY called Sparkling Ponds, their wine, Woman Pleaser is made from Niagara grapes with a bit of cranberry. After a taste of the turkey, I felt I could go bolder and went with the Cranberry Bog, which is cranberry wine-no grapes involved. I had to season the meat a bit more, but it was a great meal which I'll repeat...even after the leftovers are gone!

No comments: