Saturday, June 14, 2008

GoodReads

Do you ever wonder what books your friends are reading? Do you want to have book discussions? If so, you may want to check out GoodReads. A friend recommended it months ago and I recently signed up. It's pretty neat. You can list the books you read, are currently reading, or waiting to read. You can rate and review them as well, and see how others have rated them. You can also receive updates on what your friends have been reading. To quote the site:

Goodreads is a free website for book lovers. Imagine it as a large library that you can wander through and see everyone's bookshelves, their reviews, and their ratings. You can also post your own reviews and catalog what you have read, are currently reading, and plan to read in the future. Don’t stop there – join a discussion group, start a book club, contact an author, and even post your own writing.

I find the site a bit difficult to use at times. I may just have to play around with it a bit more. I really like its idea though. If I can't find my notebook of Books I've Read (and yes, I have a notebook or two missing!) I can see what I've read here. Check it out!

No comments: