Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Kentucky Derby

Today's the day; the first Saturday in May. It's the Kentucky Derby, the ultimate day in horse racing in the USA. A friend and I have been competing in a Fantasy Horse Racing game leading up to today. At the moment, 2 of my horses are running in the big one. I would have had 3, but I Want Revenge (the morning line favorite and one of mine) got scratched due to an ankle problem. So go go go Fresian Fire and Chocolate Candy! The horse I really thought could win, who also had my favorite jockey (Alex Solis) is also out. The Pamplemousse was actually scratched from another race a few weeks ago due to that injury. In fact, injury has plagued my picks. Of the thousands (well, maybe hundreds) of 3 year olds with a chance for running the roses 6 were sidelined due to injury (including today's I Want Revenge). Of those 6 horses, 5 of them were mine! What's up with that? I just hope everyone has a safe trip today. At any rate, get out your fancy hat, pour yourself a mint julep and watch the most exciting 2 minutes in sports!

No comments: