Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cooking Up Murder

Cooking Up Murder. Isn't that a good name for a website dedicated to culinary mysteries? If I can make a free website, other than a blog, I may just make one. I got the idea as I started a new book. It's actually an anthology, Candy Cane Murders, with stories by Joanne Fluke, Laura Levine, and Leslie Meier. Yes, it's Christmassy, but since I'm dependent on libraries for my reading...Plus it's always nice to read Christmas themed stuff. Joanne Fluke is the featured author here and I do like her Hannah Swensen series...but I must admit, I like her recipes better. There's just something about her characters that annoys me. I have a high tolerance for the willing suspension of disbelief (yes, I apply it to more than theatre) but just how they go about solving these murders. . . ugh. And something about the people is just annoying. Still, I do enjoy the books. And the recipes are mouthwatering. Right now I'm craving a drink. She gives a recipe for a Peppermint Martini and I think I'll have to go to the liquor store for some white creme d'menthe and peppermint schnapps. I have the vodka! I also plan on making the lemon whippersnappers. Mmmmm.

No comments: