Sunday, March 29, 2009

Broadway Market

Yesterday I went to Buffalo and my folks and I went to the Broadway Market. The market has been running since 1888! Eastertime is probably its busiest season. People from all over to come to get their holiday supplies, from horseradish, placek, and rye bread to pisanki (the wooden hand painted eggs from Poland)and hyacinths. When I was young my family and I would go on Good Friday, after visiting 7 churches (a Polish-American Easter tradition). We came a few weeks earlier this year. The Easter flowers weren't there yet, but the pussy willows and Polka band were. We listened to City Side Band and had a great time.

While we were doing that Barrett was back at the hospital. Although his stitches were out, he was messing with a scab and basically put a big hole in his butt! He had to be restitched. He's home now, I was able to pick him up last evening, and he's wearing an e-collar. But the wound is started to ooze. We may have to go back to the vet tomorrow. Sigh.
Please vote for Josef-he's in the white lilacs.



No comments: