Saturday, May 1, 2010

Derby Day

The first Saturday in May...Derby Day! Of course, I had to see my ex-race horse on Derby Day. Today's ride is what makes owning a horse great. Harley was wonderful. He kept a good pace and did whatever I asked immediately. He stepped right into the canter every time I asked. I felt good riding him and he was wonderful. It was hot today-so we were both sweaty messes by the end of the ride. I gave him a shower to help cool him down, then gave him some carrots! Once home I took a much needed shower, then got ready to watch all of the Derby coverage. As race time got closer, one name kept coming in my head-Super Saver. Could Calvin Borel really do it again though? Yes...yes he could. He had a magnificent ride. Could we really have a Triple Crown winner this year? Only time will tell.

No comments: