Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stuffed!

I just got home from celebrating Christmas with my folks. I'm stuffed! I got there for breakfast-fresh Polish sausage with beet horseradish, rye bread and butter, and warm apples with spices, and fresh squeezed orange juice. Then we opened presents. What loot! For all of us. Highlights for me include Wii Fit (I really need it now!), slippers that look like dogs, a great Charming Tails piece, treats for all the kids (including Harley!), some great t-shirts, a case of Andre champagne, and more. I was really laughing at my final gift from my dad. It's a bright orange hat with earflaps and it has 2 headlights on the brim so you can see where you're going hands free! As hysterical as it is-it's actually quite useful! I also got my birthday present which didn't arrive for my birthday. It's a beautiful lamp with Frederick the cat lounging among books on a bookshelf. I have to find the perfect spot for it. After presents we had potato chips and leek dip and champagne and we watched Christmas episodes of TV shows (including I Love Lucy). Then we had Christmas cookies. We moved from there on to French Onion Soup. Finally it was dinner-salad, mashed potatoes, and phenomenal beef tenderloin in this special gravy. We took a short break then it was chocolate mousse with freshly whipped cream for dessert. We called our Aunt in California, and it was time for me to head home. What a great day. I'm tired, stuffed, and pleased with all my gifts. Merry Christmas!

No comments: