Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Qs

I recently received the following as an e-mail, the getting to know you Christmas version, and thought I'd share my responses here.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. I'm not a very good wrapper, though and I generally don't bother with bows and stuff. I do use bags for odd shaped things.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real!
3. When do you put up the tree? Around the first week in December. This year I'm getting it 12-6.
4. When do you take the tree down? No earlier than Epiphany. Whenever it's too dry after that.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Fisher Price Castle with trap door dropping to a dungeon!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me LOL and Trish
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Charming Tales in a barn handmade by my dad.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I think Mail is important, especially this time of year. I do both though.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pierced earrings. Don't have pierced ears and never will!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story closely followed by The Bishop's Wife
13. When do you start shopping? All throughout the year
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Yup. Colored steady. I had to switch from minilights to C7s though because Barrett (my dog) likes to eat the bulbs. Not the wires, just the bulbs.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like a lot of them. For a good laugh I like The Muppets 12 Days of Christmas, I want a Hippopotamus, and I'm gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas. I like the traditional stuff too.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay home. Visit folks (an hour away) whatever day I have off work after Christmas. I'm always working on Christmas Day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Maybe
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Plush star with a plush mouse hanging off of it.
21. open presents on Christmas eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, most Christmas Day, from my folks whenever I get to see them. This year, weather permitting, it'll be the Saturday after Christmas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Starting too early!
23. What theme or color are you using? No theme or color scheme, just all the Christmas stuff!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace, joy, health for me and mine and Wii Fit.
26. Do you have a favorite ornament? A plush yeti looking polar bear I've had since I was little.

Merry Christmas and a peaceful joyful season to you my friends!!!

No comments: