Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drifts!

This drifting snow will be the death of me. After all the trouble I went through getting home last night, getting up the next day wasn't any better. The snow drifted even more in the yard-blocking the way to the garage. Once I climbed that snowbank I saw the big drift in the middle of the driveway. I shoveled a "good enough" path and headed toward the end of the driveway, That's where I almost started to cry. The snow was up to my waist and it was ice-the stuff from the town plows. I started shoveling away at it...and kept at it. The town plow drove by and I cursed it to myself as I kept shoveling. They say you shouldn't lift the shovel-you should push the snow. How the hell are you supposed to do that when the only place to put the snow is already as high as your chest? So I keep shoveling, and lifting, and although it looks like I've made a dent-there's still a long way to go before my vehicle can even hope of getting through. So I keep at it when I see the town plow coming by again. But they stop. They then tell me to move back. Then the town plow plowed the front of my driveway! Obviously they couldn't get the driveway itself-but they removed the snow they put there! I just had to get a touch further back and I was able to finish. I was so thankful. I was lucky when I came home from work there were no more drifts in the driveway...but I still had to climb a hill to get to the house. Sigh.

No comments: