Saturday, October 18, 2008

Autumnal Pleasures

What a glorious fall day. There was a chill in the air early this morning...well, there was a chill in the air all day, but especially in the morning. The sun was shining though as I drove my folks out to the Finger Lakes. What a beautiful drive at this time of year. It's always nice, but the leaves were in all their autumnal splendor and it was especially gorgeous. There's not much out there-just fields, grapes, and trees. We went to a few wineries and had a lunch with the most fantastic grape pie. If you've never been to central New York you've probably never had it, but it sure is a treat. I grew up in Western New York and it's not known there-it's one of the best parts of living in this area in the fall. At any rate, the pie here was the best I've ever had. They sold whole pies too and my mom and I were each going to buy one. Unfortunately, they only had one left. Mom got it-but I got a slice from it. Better than nothing! Autumn is my favorite time of year and it's nice to be in this area where I can fully enjoy it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Grape pie. I have never heard of such, but it is making my mouth water.