Thursday, July 3, 2008

When it Rains...

When it rains it pours...literally. As you know, I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately. One of the minor issues is my lawn tractor. The blades seem out of whack and my parents keep pestering me to bother the mechanic around the corner, but I keep running into the mechanic's mom-who says they don't do that type of work. So yesterday I called the John Deere dealership about 2 miles away-maybe closer. Even though it's a Murray, they said they'd look at it. However, they wanted $60 just to pick it up. I said I'd drive it in. This morning I got up early to drive the lawn tractor over. I filled up the tank-as I didn't want to run out of gas and I started off. I got in front of my neighbors when it stalled. I couldn't get it started again. I kept trying and people started coming out of their homes to see what was going on. I began to push it back home, but it was going smoothly-so I figured I'd just push it to the dealership. I should have spent the $60. I forgot about the hill. Then there's this metal hitch thing on the back of the tractor-I kept banging my shin into that. Then, yes, it began to rain. I finally got it there. Unfortunately, they said they probably wouldn't know anything until MONDAY! They're closed for the holiday weekend Friday-Sunday. Also instead of a simple blade alignment, there may be something major going on. Just what I need. Then I walked all the way back home...in the rain. I think I'm going to lay down again before I have to go to work. Sigh.

No comments: