Friday, July 11, 2008

Photo Phriday-Deadly Nightshade

I love Deadly Nightshade. I always have. I first discovered it in the "jungle" behind my grandparents neighbors yard. Needless to say I was thrilled when I found it on my property. The only problem was that it was around and in between the shrubs and evergreens in front of my house...along with other vines and weeds and things. My parents and I were cleaning the area and I told them I wanted to keep the Deadly Nightshade. So I found the root of one of them and dug it up to plant in a different area. I was going to put it next to the garage-but it really needs something to climb on. My mom suggested the Japanese Maple. The gorgeous specimen had died, but I didn't want to remove it. So, Mom and I dug a hole, put some potting soil and then draped the Deadly Nightshade around the dead Japanese Maple. It looks really pretty. Hopefully it'll take. Mom also pointed out some baby Nightshade-so I'll dig that up and plant that by the maple too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a revolution!

Pidge said...

Why am I not surprised that you love that particular plant? *eg* Great idea for the dead maple!

Katreader said...

Hmm, we haven't even met and you're not surprised...you do know me well! LOL. I'm not sure what that says about me... Unfortunately, the nightshade doesn't seem to be taking. I'll check on it later today.