Saturday, July 12, 2008

Busy

Today was a busy day. I got up early and walked to the Farmer's Market. I didn't get much, I needed an onion and I also picked up garlic and some cookies from the Amish ladies. Unfortunately, these are not MY Amish ladies. The women that are here this year could learn a lot from Mary and her family. The younger girl just has a sour attitude. I haven't tried their baked goods yet-so we'll see how they compare. After that I went to the papercraft store for demo day and a crazy hat contest. Only one other person (aside from the owner) wore a hat and one person couldn't make it and sent hers in. Well, with only 3 competitors and only 2 people actually there my odds were pretty good. Not good enough. I didn't win. The woman who didn't even show up won. Her hat was great-but she wasn't even there. I voted for the other woman who came with one. A bit disappointing. I came home and worked on a new birthday contest card. I have a new concept and I think it's really coming along. I'm going to work on it some more when I finish online. Anyway, it was soon time to go to the graduation/going away party for my friend's son. You know you're getting old when you go to a party for your friend's kid's graduation from college! Yikes. It was nice, but so hot. It was over 90 today. The food was wonderful. Another friend was working the grill-he is a grilling master. They had BBQ chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, fruit salad, green salad, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, rice, and I finally got to try my friend's curry. (I love a good curry.) They also had cake-vanilla, chocolate, and carrot! Needless to say, I'm stuffed. Oh they also had chips and dips that I never even got around to munching. The heat was starting to get to me so I headed home. The nice thing-it was less than a 15 minute drive. I came home and harvested some blackberries-or black raspberries-whatever they are and put the sprinkler on for the Deadly Nightshade, which is wilting big time. It may not take, or it just may not like it's new location-it's pretty sunny there. I'm going to relax and soon it'll be time for my BBC programs. All in all a very pleasant day!

No comments: