Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I still remember the story of the giant cricket in my aunt's house. She heard this super loud chirping for days. We finally discovered the "cricket". It was actually the smoke detector. The battery was running low, so it chirped periodically. We all had a great laugh about it. The other day I heard the giant cricket in my house. It was odd, however. It didn't sound like it was coming from the kitchen, but it kind of did. I took that smoke detector down, but the cricket remained. I then found another smoke detector in the basement, my dad must have installed that one. At any rate, I found the giant cricket! I put in a new battery...but the chirping continued. I looked-although new, it wasn't a fresh battery. Tomorrow I have to pick up some 9 volt batteries. I have a ton of AA, but no 9s. Until then, I guess it's OK that a giant cricket lives at Cricket Hollow!