Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earful

I got an earful this evening. It all started last night. I had gone into the attic and Calumet had gone up as well. Of course, she wouldn't come down-so I left the door partially opened all night and went to work. When I got home this morning Callie was downstairs, so when I went upstairs I closed the attic door. I stayed up for a bit, then got ready and went to bed. A few hours later I woke up when I thought I heard something, but I shrugged it off and fell back asleep. A while after that I woke again hearing a very odd noise. It sounded as if something was wrong with the plumbing! Worried about a backing up toilet or some other plumbing nightmare I got up and walked to the bathroom. All looked well, then I turned and opened up the door to the attic. An indignant Calumet came out meowing and yipping and talking. She kept rubbing against me and touching me, talking all the while. She'd poke me, "MOM!!!!! YOU LEFT ME IN THERE!!!!" Nudge, Nudge, "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO MEEEEEEEE?!?!" Smack, "DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME!!!" After some time of proving that she was there-she went to lay down for a nap! Sorry, Callie.

No comments: