Sunday, August 9, 2009

Art Festival

Today I went to the Brockport Art Festival. When I left my house, it was drizzling and remained that way when I got on the shuttle to the event and started walking around. Soon the drizzle stopped and the humidity came. I was having a good time, but the heat got more and more oppressive. Then the sky began to darken. I had almost come full circle and saw I volunteer going to all the sellers, "a severe thunderstorm is supposed to arrive at 1:30". I picked up the last of the items I wanted and headed back to the shuttle stop. As I got there the rain started..but just lightly. Fortunately, the bus arrived fairly quickly and we headed back to the parking lot. While waiting to turn the downpour began. As I drove home the lightning began. I had perfect timing. I really like this festival and, as usual, I got lots of neat early Christmas presents. Check out the festivals in your area-it's a great way to get a head start on your holiday shopping.

No comments: