Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lawn Fete

I thought I'd take advantage of a Saturday in summer and do something I loved to do as a kid. I went to the Resurrection Parish Lawn Fete. As a kid my parents and I would attend church lawn fetes throughout the summer. We'd spend tons of money trying to win that plush animal (that costs less than what we spent trying to win it) but we'd have lots of fun. There weren't many people there when I arrived and it didn't take me long to get the lay of the land. I was thrilled to see they had the game I Got It! That is one fun game. You sit on a short bar stool with a tray of little rubber balls in front of you. You have to toss the balls one at a time (when directed by the announcer) into a plastic enclosed box which has a milkbox like crate at the bottom with 5 rows of 5 spaces. The ball rests in a hole (so you can see it). The goal is to get 5 in a row-like Bingo. When you get it, you yell, "I got it!" Unfortunately, I didn't get it. I played several games and got close, but no cigar. On the way out I had to stop at the plush animal booth. I got several tickets, the thrill of opening them was the same, alas luck was not with me and I did not win. I came home empty handed, but had a good time.

No comments: