Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Saturday

I just got back from a day in Buffalo with my parents. I'm stuffed! As soon as I got there we had breakfast: fresh Polish sausage, Easter eggs, fresh pineapple, rye bread and butter (from a butter lamb, of course) and orange juice. Then I tried to fix my parents computer-without luck. We went to the cemetery and visited my grandparents, Aunt Bert, and brother, putting flowers on their graves. We also stopped by the future site of my parents and my graves. Mom was peeved-we're supposed to be facing the ravine which is supposed to be part of a nature conservancy, but now you can see the highway. We returned and watched Bless Me Father and a cute dog movie while drinking champagne and munching on potato chips with homemade leek dip. Mmmmm. Soon thereafter, time for dinner. Delicious pork with mashed potatoes and gravy, baked apples, and cucumbers with mom made chocolate mousse for dessert. The kids and I have leftovers too. All in all, a very nice day.

No comments: