Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Day of Gardening

Today was a beautiful day. My parents came up and we worked outside. Dad mowed the lawn for the first time of the season-he loves my riding mower! Mom did some weedwacking and raking. After picking up Barrett's leavings, I transplanted a daylily that was being overcome by my flowering quince. I also planted my Easter hyacinths under one of the Ironwood trees and I planted the zucchini and Big Max pumpkin from the herb and wine tour. I had prepared a little plot near the holly where I was going to transfer my hydrangea (it doesn't seem to like my front yard and the other variety loves the back, so I thought I'd put them near each other) but I decided to plant these guys there instead. I still need to plant the dill, jalapeno, purple pepper, onion, and potato.

No comments: