Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fundraiser

I like to donate to charities when I can. I'm an annual supporter of Defenders of Wildlife, The Humane Society and a member of my local zoo. I also periodically send funds to other animal and environmental groups. I send in my check and that's about it. When I lived in Texas I volunteered at the local Humane Society shelter, but time and distance have prevented me from doing that here. That being said, I decided to join a fundraiser for the local humane society in a more physical way. I'm a participant in Barktoberfest. No, I'm not doing the race, but I will be doing the walk. I hate asking people for money-but I'll ask for the animals. If you can spare a few dollars, please consider sponsoring me. The neat thing is that they set up a website for me-so you can be far away and send money safely online. It's tax deductible and a truly worthy cause. So, check it out, and if you can, please consider making a donation! Just go to http://www.lollypop.org/Katreader Thanks so much!

No comments: