Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Betrayal

I just finished reading a very good book, The Betrayal : The Lost Life of Jesus, A Novel. It's by Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear. I love their stuff. They are archaeologists and bring that knowledge to their novels. This book tells 2 stories, the last days of Jesus and the story of monks who try to save the books describing the historical facts from The Church in 325 CE. The only part I didn't like was getting caught up in the story, then having to pause, find and read the end note, then continue the story. A lot of people will probably be aghast at the things told in this book, calling it heresy and lies. But the historical truth is quite different from what the bible says. I say keep an open mind and your own faith and see what you discover. I've always been interested in archeology and even subscribed a bit to Biblical Archeology Review magazine. I find it fascinating.

No comments: