Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. He said his best gift is just being here and being able to do things. He's made great progress since his stroke in November. My folks drove up as usual, but we didn't clean today. Today was a fun day. We all piled into my car-me and Mom up front and Dad in the back seat with his buddy Barrett-and I drove across town to a lilac nursery my mom read about in Good Housekeeping. It smelled so good and I found a variety I want to get, but they were really overpriced. I'll try to find it somewhere else! Then we came back, Dad gave Barrett a bone, and we went out to lunch. All in all a nice day. Then I stopped at the barn, though I didn't ride, did some errands and came home to watch the Preakness Stakes. What a great race! I hope that Big Brown can do it again in 3 weeks. We need another Triple Crown Champion.

No comments: