Friday, October 19, 2007

Laundry

I hate housekeeping. I really do. My poor mom bemoans this fact and wonders what she's done wrong. Sorry, I just don't like to clean and I can find so many other things I'd rather do with my time. There is one chore, however, that I do like. Laundry. I enjoy doing laundry. Now, I don't iron, so get that thought right out of there. And I'm not that great at putting it all away-but, the actual gathering, sorting and washing, I like. I especially like when I can hang my washed items on the line outside to dry. A friend of my folks even gave me a 1940's laundry pole to raise my line higher. Right now I have a load of permanent press going-sheets and shirts. Today I also need to do rat bedding and I'll probably do some reds. No line drying today though. It's unseasonable warm-but rainy. Why laundry? Maybe I like doing laundry as I just put it in the machine, add my detergent and do something I enjoy while I wait for the machine to do all the work. Then I either put it all in the dryer or hang it outside and let either that machine or nature do its thing. Perhaps it's the lazy man's chore. Still, I like it. The basement sounds quiet-so I think it's time to put my load in the dryer. If only I had a dishwasher...I have to do dishes today-I don't like doing dishes. I try to remember Thich Nhat Hahn and mindfulness and doing the dishes to do the dishes, but, I just don't like it. If only all my chores were laundry!

No comments: