Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacation

I'm on vacation and am making the most of it! Friday Sam and I went on an extra long walk. I also both lunged and rode Harley. Stops at the liquor store, Target, and the grocery store rounded out my day. I relaxed in the evening by starting to watch Season 2 of True Blood. Saturday was my big day. I drove to Dunkirk, NY to attend America's Grape Country Wine Festival. I had a wonderful time. I really do love this event. You can sample wines from all over the state! They also have food products (with samples!) and you can find food and drink and live music to entertain you. They also offer fun seminars. I'm happy to make this a yearly event! Today was the Brockport Art Festival. I was so excited. This has always been my favorite festival. I planned on getting all kinds of Christmas shopping done. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was. I walked the entire thing in 15 minutes...in fact I walked it twice. Vendors I'd been hoping to see weren't there. I didn't even wait for the wine tent to open. Sadly, I don't think any more festivals are planned-so much for the gifts I was planning to buy. Sigh. I stopped at my nursery and talked to my landscape guy for a while. My lilacs...and all the lilacs in the neighborhood are suffering from powdery mildew. The good news is that it rarely kills the plant. And I know what to do to deal with it. He also gave me some freshly picked radishes and cucumbers from his garden. Talk about fresh, he picked as we talked! Then I stopped in at the German Festival in Spencerport. Good food, German beer, and an Oompah Band. Now I"m relaxing and planning to watch more True Blood (I got season 2 from the library-so I have to watch it all in a week!) and the finale of The Next Food Network Star! So far my vacation is off to a great start!

No comments: