Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Increase

I went to the grocery store after work the other day. I enjoy going at that time (around midnight) as not too many people are around. The only problem is that the deli counter is closed along with the food bars and such. Still, it's a nice time to go to pick up a few things and browse in peace. I wanted to get a few things to take to work for lunches this week. I looked at the prepackaged food they have. Now it's normally a bit pricey-but oh so convenient, and tasty. I could pick up a pack of chicken tenders (already breaded and cooked) for $6. But when I looked-the price was now $7! I put the package down and looked again. All the items that were normally $6 were now $7! I'll pass on that. Then I went to get some milk. I usually just buy a quart and it costs around 78 cents. Nope-a quart of milk is now $1.03! What the heck?!? All around I saw huge price jumps on many things. I mentioned it to the cashier and she said she saw it too. I mentioned it to co-workers who noticed the same thing. What happened recently to cause this big jump? Or are the stores finally giving in to the high price of gas and other costs. Whatever the reason, it stinks and I'm going to have to be much more careful when I shop for groceries!

No comments: