Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chain Maille

When I was in Texas one of my coworkers made chain maille. I don't recall what he did with it, but I remember him sitting with a bag full of small silver jump rings, putting them together with his pliers. Imagine my surprise when I went into AC Moore the other week and saw colored jump rings, to make chain maille jewelery. It was on sale, so I picked up a little instruction book and 2 packs of multicolored chain maiile, to give it a try. I'm hooked. The only problem is that the jump rings from AC Moore aren't anodized, meaning I can see silver in the space where they link together. I may consider trying to find better quality rings. I intend to make some stuff to sell at the craft show I'm doing, in addition to my cards. We'll see what happens.

No comments: