Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard...or Not

I was prepared. Today was supposed to be "Snowmageddon". Although my pantry was pretty well stocked, I picked up a few more things...just in case. I charged up all my electronics. I'm on vacation-so didn't have to worry about leaving the house. I was ready! I went to bed early last night and saw that it had started to snow. "Ah ha-just as predicted". I went to bed. I didn't think it was going to be that major of a storm, after all it was only supposed to be 1 day and I lived through the Buffalo Blizzard of '77! Still imagine my surprise when I woke up. It was early-about 7:30 AM. I looked out the window and saw...nothing. Roads were clear and it wasn't snowing. Humph. I gave Seneca her pill and went back to bed. When I got up a few hours later...still nothing. Eventually it began to snow. And about 4:30PM the roads became snow covered. So I stayed in. But still, this was just a regular winter day in WNY. What was all the fuss?

No comments: