Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tendinitis

It's official, I have tendinitis. I went to the doctor this morning. My regular doctor wasn't playing around-he didn't send me to a podiatrist, he sent me to an orthopedic surgeon! This guys was real nice. He confirmed what my doc thought-tendinitis. I had x-rays done, digital is so neat. The doc pulled them up and let me look (the best part, he said). My foot bones are pretty cool. Anyway, my bones are good, with good cartilage. My problem-flat feet! I got some inserts to put in my shoes to support my arch a bit better. It's possible my insurance will cover it-if not, they weren't too expensive. I'm supposed to take it easy for a month-no Wii Step or Boxing (or jumping or too many stairs). Swimming is the best-but I don't do that. He suggested biking or elliptical machines. We'll see, I think those are out too. I also believe that the spelling of tendinitis should be changed-tendonitis is the way it should be; I've had to be careful spelling it properly. But my problem is with my tendon, darn it all, not my tendin.

No comments: