Monday, July 12, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars...

I've been hearing that song on the radio quite a bit lately and I wondered what I'd do with a million dollars. Unfortunately, reality is not like the end of the song, "If I had a million dollars...I'd be rich!" A million dollars would really help, but it wouldn't make me rich. So, what would I do with a million dollars? Well, the government would take about half, so the real question is, if I had $500,000, what would I do. The first thing (after getting a lawyer and jumping up and down for a bit) would be to pay off my mortgage. Then I'd pay off my window loan. I'd pay any outstanding bills for my folks. I'd have some fun and blow some on stuff I'd like. I'd contact an architect/engineer and work on revamping my house-I honestly don't think I'm move. I would redo the kitchen (finally get a dishwasher), open the closed space in the basement and put in a full bathroom there. I'd also work with an organizer and redo the craft room-and well, every room! I'd do more landscaping-and get a waterfall! If I had enough...Unfortunately, I doubt I'd be able to quit my job. I need an income with health insurance. Assuming I had some more money I would donate to some charities (animal welfare and environmental) and maybe travel. With all my ideas...I think the song should be, "If I had a billion dollars"!

No comments: