Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympics Bid Adieu

The Olympics are over. I must admit I enjoyed this years games and watched more than usual-although I didn't see any of the figure skating. I usually do watch, even with all of the judging bias, but didn't even notice when it was on. I watched a little biathlon, and ski jumping (so proud of The Polish Pilot, Adam Malysz, who won 2 Silver Medals), and a TON of curling, along with bits and pieces of other events. We shouldn't forget the tragedy that started the games, however. I will remember Nodar Kumaritashvili and say a prayer for his family, friends, and country. Despite that horrible loss, the games went on and brought many smiles, some tears, some swearing (stupid Canadian Hockey Team), and new interests (Thomas, John, Jan, Sebastian, et al). Thank you, Canada. You put on a great show.

No comments: