Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pomegranate

It started when I tried a new yogurt-blackberry pomegranate. It was so yummy, and pomegranate was so unusual. You didn't see much pomegranate flavored stuff around. "Didn't" being the operative word. Now I'm seeing pomegranate all over the place! I found pomegranate lemonade, pomegranate blueberry Italian ice, pomegranate hard candy, pomegranate 7Up. I even found Fiber Choice in berry pomegranate and pomegranate soft soap! Why this sudden influx of pomegranate? Is it because it's winter? (You know the whole Persephone hanging out in Hades for the winter due to the pomegranate seeds.) I don't remember all this pomegranate in past winters. Whatever the case, I admit it. I am buying lots of pomegranate flavored stuff. I have yet to eat a pomegranate itself. I guess that should be next on my list of pomegranate items to try. What do you think about pomegranates?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love pomegranates, but they are very messy to eat - or at least they are for me. You should also try a pommelo. It is a cross between an orange and a grapefruit.