Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Accidental Damage

Before I went downstairs to redline the oncoming shift I put the loaned journals in my locker. When I finished and went to get my stuff to go home I found, to my utter horror and disbelief, a flood in my locker and the journals wet! My water bottle had leaked, filled the plastic bag it was in, and damaged the bottom halves of 2 of the borrowed journals. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I quickly got the offending bottle out of there, moved the 2 unscathed journals to safety and started trying to clean up the spilled water. I was blotting the pages of the journal that got it the worst when some co-workers came in. After blotting more I placed the one journal on top of the pop machine-hoping it will air out. The cleaner said he'd change the pages every so often. Ugh. I am so careful with others belongings and now this had to happen. Who knows if I'll be able to borrow more journals now. I feel horrible. Sigh.

No comments: