Saturday, January 30, 2010

Garage Door Miracle

Thursday evening I went to take out the trash only to find that my garage had no power. I couldn't use the automatic door opener. I got my key and used the emergency release, but now what? What a pain to have to manually open and close the door in winter, add to the fact that the garage would be unlocked, and I had no clue what the problem was. Friday I poked around a little when it was light, but after staying late at work, I just wanted to go to bed. Friday when I went to work-still no power in the garage. This morning I was thinking and a bit preoccupied as I drove into my driveway. I automatically hit my garage door opener and proceeded in as the garage opened. I was halfway in when I realized what had happened. The door opened. It was fixed. That's not the weirdest part though. OK, power was back, great. However, when you use the emergency opener, it disconnects a part of the mechanism. To reconnect it you have to get on a ladder and physically put a piece back in place. I didn't do that. How could it have reconnected? I'm pleased as punch that the garage fixed itself, but I'm quite perplexed. There were no footsteps in the snow-so no human did anything. Weird. But, at least I don't have to worry about getting it fixed.

No comments: