Sunday, September 20, 2009

George Foreman

I like George Foreman. I always have. I think he's one of the greatest boxers of our time. Heck he came out of retirement and won the World Heavyweight title again...when he was 45! When it comes to boxing, Boom Boom Mancini aside, I prefer to watch the heavyweights and George is one of the great ones. He's also a very funny guy. I mean-who names all of his kids George? I heard a radio interview with him and he was just wonderful. He can sure tell a story (why he named all his kids George for one. I'm still laughing at that. The man has good reasoning even after having his head hit for a living!) However, as great as he is in the boxing world, he means more to me in the kitchen. I adore the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine. Eons ago I bought the small George Foreman. That's all I needed. I didn't want or need the one with the bun warmer. Mine was perfect, just the right size for me. The only issue was that it could be a pain to clean. You can't submerse the thing and Lord knows I don't immediately clean things. So after a decade of use my machine is going strong...but it's getting harder to clean. Then I heard that he has a new machine...with removable plates. I can take them out and wash them good. Perfect. I've been waiting-and I finally found it on sale. I now have a new George Foreman Grilling machine. The only issue I have is that it's much bigger than my old one. So, I'll probably use the old one for awhile, until I make space on my counter. It's big-but I think it'll be worth it. Thank you George!

No comments: