Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

I had such a nice day planned to celebrate Leap Day. I was going to get up early and go to Build-A-Bear-Workshop to make a special friend with a birth date of February 29. Then I was going to go to the great library across town (which is kind of on the way back) and stock up on some mysteries. Then a stop at the Polish Deli and a ride on Harley. That was the plan.

Instead, I had to go to the doctor's office because I was so sick. He did a culture and it's positive-I have the flu! I don't remember ever being this sick. Right now I have a fever of 102 and I can't do anything. I can't even stay long on the computer! That stinks. The good news is that we caught it early so I got this expensive prescription that's supposed to take the edge off and shorten the duration by a day or two. Hey, I'll take what I can get. I think the worst part is that the fever keeps triggering a migraine. Yuck. The chills aren't too pleasant either, and the painful hacking cough...but the migraine is the worst.

Here's hoping for good health soon!

No comments: