Sunday, September 26, 2010

Last Day of Vacation

Today was the last day of my vacation. I didn't set my alarm, but managed to wake up at a decent hour. After eating a piece of grape pie (yummmmm) with some grape juice from Hunt Country Vineyard (yummmm) I went shopping. I had some coupons about to expire so I went to the Mall. I rarely go, but the independent Hallmark stores I usually visit have all closed (boo). I got some things there and then went to Yankee Candle-a dangerous place. I've been wanting to get a food processor and found a fantastic deal on one at Macy's. Then a stop at AC Moore to pick up some paper for a project, Mr. Dollar for some inexpensive wrapping paper for my goddaughters. I stocked up at PetSmart (another coupon) and got a great deal on some hoodies for work at JoAnnes. By then I had worked up an appetite and stopped at Taco Bell. Imagine my surprise at about 2 paragraphs into my book I felt a presence. I looked up to see my friend Kim, from the barn. She and her husband had stopped in for a bite before their shopping. We chatted for a while as we ate. I then stopped at the barn to give Harley an appetiser (it was almost his suppertime) and a pet before heading home. Now I'm wrapping presents and relaxing. I sure to hate the thought of going back to work, but tonight I'm going to snack on jalapeno hors d'oeuvres, drink champagne, and enjoy the scent of my Yankee Candle, Cranberry Harvest.

No comments: