Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleanup

Spring is here and it's actually been feeling like summer-beautiful sunny days in the 70's! It's time to start working outside, but this year I'm getting some help. This guy came over looking for lawn mowing contracts. I said no to that-but yes to some other tedious work that needs to be done, but I don't really want to do it, nor do I have the time and energy. They'll be doing a spring cleanup-getting all the flotsam and jetsam that appears throughout the winter out, trimming stuff up and so on. They'll also roll the lawn, rototill behind the garage for a future garden, and the main job-removing all the sod by the fence behind the lilacs and roses of sharon that's so difficult to mow. They'll replace it all with mulch (keeping the shrubs and plants, of course). I'm curious to see how it'll turn out. He's also going to get a guy for grub control (which I really need) and he's going to give an estimate on my garage roof, which needs replacing. I also have a call in to another guy for the roof. Spring is here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring for a homeowner and spring for an apartment dweller sure are different...

Katreader said...

Sure are...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Pidge said...

So, when he's done with your place, you think you can get him to come to Texas? The most I'm asking my guy to do is weed & feed (mucho dandelions and a couple of bare spots in a previously lush lawn).

Katreader said...

I think that'd be a bit of a commute for him! Ha. They were out today, everything's looking great. They'll put the mulch on tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it looks! I'll have to post some pics.