Monday, November 5, 2007

I give up

I've been complaining that everyone seems to be bypassing Halloween and Thanksgiving and starting in on Christmas earlier and earlier. The minute Halloween passed, things really sped up. Everyday I've seen a Christmas commercial on TV. The stores are all decked out. What really got me was on Friday. The library. The decorations weren't up yet...but along with a few Halloween books on display-the prominent theme was Christmas. Not Thanksgiving. Christmas. So I give up. I'm bypassing Thanksgiving decorations and I'll be starting Christmas. Oh I'll keep my fall wreaths up til Thanksgiving-but the figurines will stay in their boxes this year. I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving to begin decorating (aside from the outside lights-that's fair game whenever the weather's still decent although I won't illuminate them til the day after Thanksgiving) but I've been so rushed and I'm not getting everything out. So. I'm sorry Turkey Day, I'll be thankful, but I'm going to try to get a jump start and get prepared for Christmas this year!

No comments: