Friday, September 21, 2007

Help the Polar Bear


I try to do what I can for the environment, helping animals in particular. I've been seeing more and more about the horrible effects of global warming. The polar ice caps should not melt, yet they are. Baby seals are drowning because they aren't born with the insulating fur needed to survive, when the ice caves they live in melt, they are dunked into the sea and cannot recover. So I try to sign petitions and attempt to do some good. I copied the following from the petition I signed today. I hope you'll follow the links and sign it too.


In as few as 50 years, America's polar bears could be gone. Global warming is melting the Arctic sea ice these bears call home, and if we don't act now we may lose them forever. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has opened a new comment period on their proposal to list polar bears as "threatened" under the Endangered Species Act. I just submitted my official public comment in support of this proposal - please join me and take action today: http://go.care2.com/polar-bear We owe it to future generations to do everything in our power to save polar bears from extinction and fight global warming. Please sign the petition to protect polar bears from extinction: http://go.care2.com/polar-bear Thanks!

No comments: