Monday, August 6, 2012

Disappointing Read

I'm so disappointed in the book I'm reading. It's the first in a new cozy series. It features a garden society, and I love gardening, plus I fell in love with the cover. It's a place I'd love to visit. Unfortunately, I don't like the characters. They're childish and, sad to say, behave stupidly. For a gardening mystery there's not much gardening involved. The writing is OK, transitions are a bit abrupt at times, but it's not horrible. I don't want to ever badmouth a book (which is why I'm not giving the title or author here) and it's not a horrible book-some people may quite enjoy it. Perhaps I had too high expectations and the author just couldn't meet them. I sure as heck wish I would have gotten it from the library instead of buying it, but I've learned that first book sales early are crucial to an author continuing the series...and the premise was so promising. I will finish the book-I just can't leave a book, even one I'm not enjoying, unfinished-but I hope it ends soon. There are lots of other books waiting for me.

No comments: