Sunday, July 17, 2011

Groceries

Last night I should have stopped at the grocery store...but I just didn't want to go. I just needed to get some peanut butter and pumpkin for Sam and luncheon meat for lunches for work. I decided I'd go this morning, before I went to work. Since I just needed a couple items, I figured it'd be easy. I got up early enough, took Sam for his walk, then headed off to Wegman's. I knew I was in trouble when I pulled into the parking lot. It was full! I had to park a long ways away. What they heck-why is everyone here? Then it dawned on me. Although it was my Monday-my first day back at work-it was really Sunday. Uh oh. I walked in and went to the deli-where people were lined up waiting. I got my number-90-and immediately a worker called 90. I got my stuff and continued dodging people. It was so crowded I could barely get my cart through. But thankfully, Wegman's is run exceedingly well. I got in line with only one person ahead of me and was out of the crowded store lickity split. Thank you Wegman's -it could have been a long drawn out nightmare-but you made it a smooth trip.

No comments: